Kaiyocon enforces a strict “no harassment” policy. We know that con attendees are great people and just want to have a good time. Our worry is those few people that don’t care about everyone else’s good time. This policy applies to everyone present at the convention: attendees, staff, guests, vendors, etc.
Here are some examples of things that are considered to be harassment and will result in your expulsion and possibly a lifetime ban from Kaiyocon. Harassment is anything that makes someone else significantly uncomfortable; this includes but is not limited to:
If you feel as though you are being harassed or have witnessed harassment, please do not hesitate to tell a staff member immediately! Prompt and immediate action helps us to better solve the problem.
If necessary, we will contact local law enforcement, provide escort, offer a safe place or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to make sure they feel safe for the duration of Kaiyocon. It is our goal to creative a safe and fun environment for our attendees.
1. Any and all weapons/props must be approved by Public Safety and zip tied, tagged or peace bonded upon entry. No functional weapons are allowed. This includes firearms, knives (including pocket knives), curio, relic, any kind of ammunition and even antique weapons.
2. Projectile weapons are permissible but cannot be loaded.All prop bows must be unstrung or have low-tensile thread. Prop arrows must have non metal, blunted tips.
3. Bladed metal weapons must be blunt-edged and cannot have any sort of cutting or sharpened edge (no live steel). Sword props must be stored in a sheath or scabbard and secured to your body at all times and never held in your hand. This includes larger weapons such as swords, katanas, scythes, etc. Smaller bladed weapons such as throwing stars and kunai are exempt from the sheath policy but must still be secured to your body.
4. At no time may any weapon or prop come in contact with another person or another person’s weapon (aka sparring) regardless of their prior level of consent.
5.Oversize prop items (Wolfwood’s cross, giant gourds, etc.) may be regulated in specific areas to preserve the flow of foot traffic or the safety of others. Your prop cannot be more than 7 feet long or weigh more than 15 pounds.
6.All firearm replicas and/or Airsoft weapons must have a “blaze orange” tipped barrel at all times (including during all cosplay events) in compliance with federal and state laws. Prop weapons must have trigger/hammer tied back/ziptied.**Blaze orange color may be replaced by other bright colors such as highlighter purple, blue, yellow, gren or pink**.
7.Flammable materials such as flash powder or fireworks are prohibited.Prop explosives cannot be made out of medal.
8. Metal chains must be less than 12 inches long and no more than one inch thick.
9. If you perceive a situation in which you do not feel you can comply with these regulations, or witness a violation thereof, you are encouraged to immediately alert the nearest Public Safety representative.
10. Should any member of the staff belonging to the venue currently housing Kaiyocon ask you to discontinue a particular action involving a weapon or to remove it from the premises, do so immediately.
11.Kaiyocon reserves the right to confiscate any weapon, replica or Airsoft device that has been misused and to eject any individual who does not comply with the above policies at any time. We are not obligated to issue warnings concerning violations of these policies. Any infraction can/will result in the fullest penalty available expulsion from the premises and the convention.
Please keep in mind that it is February, so it can be chilly! Or hot! Temperatures typically average around 65 degrees during the day and can drop below 50 degrees at night.
1. All attendees must wear shirts/tops. Men cannot go shirtless and women must also be covered at minimum with a full coverage bra or bathing suit top.
2. All attendees must also wear pants or shorts. No running around in underwear, speedos, panties, or bikini bottoms please!
3. Shoes or protective footwear must be worn at all times.
4. Kaiyocon is a family friendly convention and we encourage modesty. A good rule of thumb when you’re thinking “am I allowed to wear this?” is “would you wear it to the beach?” if the answer is yes, then you are most likely okay. Just make sure your butt cheeks, chest, and privates are covered.
5. No rollerblades, skates, shoes with skates or skateboards are allowed to be worn on convention center property. This includes bladed ice skates.
6. No long leashes or loose metal chains.
7. Kaiyocon reserves the right to make you change or cover up.
8. To compete in the cosplay contest, your costume must confirm to these rules.
9. Props and weapons must adhere to the weapon policy and be peace bonded.
10. Masks are allowed to be worn inside the convention center during the convention, but are not to be worn outside of the convention center via city ordinance.
11. Smoking inside, cigarette props, vapes are not allowed inside the convention center.
All ticket sales are final; tickets are non-changeable, non-transferable, and non-refundable. A ticket is required for all visitors age ten (10) and older. Guests under the age of ten may enter for free with an accompanying adult. Ticket availability is not guaranteed and ticket sales may be refused to anyone. Weekend passes include access to all event activities for the duration of the event, except those specified as VIP only. Daily passes include access to all event activities for one day, except those specified as VIP only. VIP passes include entry to a VIP only guest meet and greet, first-entry into guest panels, and first-in-line for guest autographs (limit once per session per guest).
Offensive or abusive behavior towards or in front of convention or hotel staff, guests, visitors, or otherwise may result in immediate expulsion from the convention without refund.
KaiyoCon reserves the right to update, alter, or otherwise modify these terms and conditions as needed.
Before attending the convention, please read the rules below. These rules are simple and easy to follow. They exist to ensure that everybody attending, appearing at, and running Kaiyocon have a safe and happy time.
· Please limit the number of items you bring to get autographed to three items. If you have more than three items you’d like to get signed, you are welcome to get back in line or attend another autograph session.
· Please do not line up for an autograph session more than 30 minutes in advance.
· Autograph sessions will be held in locations designated prior to the start of the convention.
· With permission, you are welcome to take photos with the guests. Please have your camera on and ready to go when you get to the front of the line.
· Autograph times will be posted on the schedule.
· Please do not ask guests for autographs outside of schedules autograph signings, they need a break too!
Be aware that some guests do charge for autographs.